The Caregiver's Compass is a coaching program that supports family caregivers. Each client receives:
- Personal coaching by phone to receive practical, emotional, and spiritual support and guidance
- Unlimited access to ask questions by email
- Short audio and video recordings, checklists, and mobile apps to help you with your specific challenges
- Certified pure essential oils to help you move through the hardest emotions as gracefully as possible
- Referrals to additional resources, if needed, to support your unique situation
The Caregiver's Compass program can help you:
- Align your actions with what truly matters to you
- Know your self-care options and how to make the most of them
- Relate to both the mystery and the practical aspects of living and dying
- Talk with your family, friends, and doctors to make the ill person's wishes clear
- Make the best of what might be one of the most challenging times of your life
- Create healing experiences with your family that are as joyful as possible
- Honor the feelings that naturally arise when you engage with illness and death
- Co-create environments that support peace within yourself and with your loved ones
- Take advantage of the profound learning opportunities this time with them is presenting to you
Illness and death are powerful teachers. They offer us profound opportunities to develop perspectives and skills we wouldn't develop any other way. They can teach us:
- What's most important to us
- How to honor what we value
- How to face the loss of someone we love
- How to stay present during pain, helplessness, and uncertainty
- How to allow space for a meltdown and rebirth of what we’ve held dear
My approach to coaching caregivers is based on three ancient principles:
- Our spirit does not die - it leaves the body and continues its journey
- We can support each other - to live and leave in peace, filled with love and light
- By truly facing death - we receive vital gifts that empower us to joyfully live
The Caregiver's Compass program is grounded in an alchemy of advanced holistic nursing practice and the Seven Sacred Directions of the Medicine Wheel.
The Medicine Wheel is a timeless map of consciousness that helps us deeply honor reciprocity with Life through celebrating who we are, where we are, with what we have. Medicine Wheels have guided people in every culture around the Earth for millennia, and there was a time when the Wheel guided the sacred medicine practices for living and dying well. I have learned some of these traditions as they are practiced by the Q'ero people of Peru, and I share them with my clients when it fits their needs.
I love helping caregivers.
It matters to me that you have support while your world is being completely rearranged.
"I want to live in a world where we honor our elders, care for our dying with reverence and grace, accept the wrinkles on our faces, accept each other's grief (without trying to "get through it" all the time), and talk about our dying as openly as we do everything else. I want everyone to be as comfortable holding the hand of their dying loved one as they are holding the new baby in the family. Those are just some of the things I long for." ~ Deanna Cochran